Burghclere Neighbourhood Plan Review Submission (Regulation 16)
Consultation on the Burghclere Neighbourhood Plan Submission (Regulation 16)
Burghclere Parish Council has submitted their Neighbourhood Plan Review to the Local Planning Authority (Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council) who are now consulting on the plan. The modified plan sets out a vision for the future of the parish of Burghclere and planning polices which will be used to determine planning applications locally. The consultation runs from Monday 9th January through to Monday 20th February 2023.
What does the Burghclere Neighbourhood Plan consist of and where can it be viewed?
The Submission Neighbourhood Plan consists of the following:
- Submission Burghclere Neighbourhood Plan
- Policy Maps Booklet
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
- SA/ SEA Report
- SA Addendum Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment report and decision notice
- Modification Statement
- Housing Number Letter from BDBC
- Green Infrastructure and Nature Recovery Report
- Design Code
These documents, along with a guidance note, can be viewed on the council’s website at www.basingstoke.gov.uk/BURNP or will be available for public inspection at:
- Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council Offices (8:30am to 5:00pm on Mondays to Thursdays, and 8:30am to 4.30pm on Fridays);
- Basingstoke Discovery Centre (8:30am to 6:30pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8:30am -4:30pm on Saturdays);
- Newbury Central Library, The Wharf, Newbury, RG21 5AU (9am - 5pm Monday- Wednesday and Friday, 9am- 6pm Thursday, and 10am - 4pm on Saturdays)
- Church of the Ascension, Harts Lane, Burghclere, RG20 9LN (open during daylight hours, approx. 8:30 to 16:00)
- Portal Hall, Harts Lane, Burghclere, RG20 9HX (Customers are invited to check the programme on the Portal Hall booking website for opening times - https://www.portalhall.co.uk/calendarmh.htm )
- Sports Club, Harts Lane, Burghclere, RG20 9JD (17:30 – 20:00 Wed-Friday 12:00 to 22:00 at weekends).
Formal consultation on the Draft Plan Strategy
Representations in relation to the Burghclere NP and supporting documents should be submitted to the borough council using one of the following methods:
- online through the portal
- online response form at www.basingstoke.gov.uk/BURNP
- return representation form or submit written comments by post to: Planning Policy Team, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke RG21 4AH
- return representation form or submit written comments by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those representations that are made in writing and that are received by the council within the consultation period (until 5pm on Monday 20th February 2023) will be considered. All responses will then be forwarded to the plan’s examiner once he/she is appointed.
When making your representation, please can you indicate whether you wish to participate in an Examination Public Hearing (should the examiner decide there is a need for one) and also whether you wish to be notified about the Examiner’s Report and the ‘Made’ Burghclere Neighbourhood Plan.
Make an Online Submission
To make an online submission please Register as a New User, using the link located on the right of the screen. This is a one-time process. Once you have activated your registration through the link sent to your email address, you can then log in and make a submission.
Submissions may be made via this consultation portal using the Make a Representation link on the right of screen.
There are benefits of making a submission using this consultation portal. For example, you can:
- Start your submission and complete later.
- Get notifications and updates about the consultation.
Make a Written Submission
Planning Policy Team,
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council,
Civic Offices, London Road,
What Happens Next?
Once the period of consultation has closed, the Council will collate the representations received and send them to the examiner. The representations will also be available to view on the Basingstoke and Deane website: https://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/BURNP